Whether you cycle, paddle, or venture forth on your own two feet, chances are that you take a camera along. Or perhaps you prefer to record the sights you see by keeping a journal, or by painting pictures, or by sketching. Whatever medium you use, you have an inquiring eye. This is the place for you.
The following links are to an ever-growing archive of articles for photographers and artists who enjoy doing their thing outside. You’ll find evaluations of gear we’ve used, suggestions for outfitting and carrying your tools, and tips on improving your technique. Check back often. We update this index as new articles are published at TNO. So browse the links below, and if you want a particular topic addressed, just let us know and we’ll try to help.
Photographic Equipment and Evaluations
- The Pentax K200D: A Good Companion for Peripatetic Photographers by Tamia Nelson
- Journeys with a Pentax K200D DSLR: Hitting the Trail by Tamia Nelson
- Choosing Batteries for Your Digital Camera: Eneloops & Lithium Batteries by Tamia Nelson
- Short Circuits: Adventures in Practical Electronics by Tamia Nelson
- Giottos Rocket-Air Blows Your Troubles Away by Tamia Nelson
Packing and Carrying Your Photo Gear
- Shouldering the Load: A Rugged Camera Bag That Won’t Break the Bank by Tamia Nelson
- Outfitting a Rack Trunk to Carry Camera Gear by Tamia Nelson
- Making a Custom Camera Neck Strap by Tamia Nelson
- Tying the Water Knot on Your Custom Camera Neck Strap by Tamia Nelson
- How About a Security Band for a Tripod Quick-Release? by Tamia Nelson
- Shooting the Moon: A Quick Guide for Photographers by Tamia Nelson
- Exposing Snow: Tips for Winter Photographers by Tamia Nelson
Eye and Hand—Practical Art for Peripatetic People
- A Surprise Find: A Bargain Bamboo Art Board by Tamia Nelson
Photomontages, Galleries, and Reflections
- Tamia Nelson’s Outside PhotographsZenfolio Photo Gallery by Tamia Nelson
- Tamia’s Outside‘s Photo Finish Gallery by Tamia Nelson
Questions? Comments? Just click here.